80 mph+ on freeway

1 reply to this topic
  • AK_SLIMER

Posted July 30, 2006 - 01:41 PM

I unloaded the rear spring preload on my 93 650 to the min setting (i weight 180 lbs)took off brush gaurds and frames from handle bars,got a street tire thats a half inch taller in the rear and lowered front end by slideing fork tubes up so they stick up about 1 inch above triple clamp the bike is more stable than i though it could ever be i comute 62 miles 1 way to work and its all carpool lane 80+ mph and bike is handleing like a dream just need street tire on front looking at a venmon cost is $125.00 so next week ill get I love this bike.

KEVIN

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maniak

Posted July 31, 2006 - 01:13 PM

I would be very carful about unloading your rear preload, another guy here last week did that very thing and got a high speed wobble and down. High speed on a tall bike and I would crank in a little more preload than your sag specs call for, if you want to lower it, put a lower link on, drops the seat a little and your suspension and settings stay the same.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.