WR manual sux for measuring float height! HELP!

2 replies to this topic
  • Paewraul

Posted July 30, 2006 - 11:33 AM

&%$#@! are they talking about in the manual to measure the float height? Any better explinations on how to align or hold the carb to set up for the measurement?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbrooks26

Posted July 30, 2006 - 11:59 AM

I hope I can explain this for you. The way I do it is this. When the bike is level you want the float to be level when closed, at least this is what I have found to work for me, I am sure someone will correct me if I a wrong.

Hold the carb upside down in your hand and rotate it back and fourth slowly so that the float raises and lowers. Make note of where the float needle just rests against the seat. This is where you want to make your adjustment from. I set the float so that the seam in the float is parallel with the carb surface where the bowl seats against. Make small adjustments by bending the tab that the needle is attached to on the float, it won't take much to make a big difference. Hope this helps.

Josh

• Gadsen

Posted July 30, 2006 - 01:38 PM

I hope I can explain this for you. The way I do it is this. When the bike is level you want the float to be level when closed, at least this is what I have found to work for me, I am sure someone will correct me if I a wrong.

Hold the carb upside down in your hand and rotate it back and fourth slowly so that the float raises and lowers. Make note of where the float needle just rests against the seat. This is where you want to make your adjustment from. I set the float so that the seam in the float is parallel with the carb surface where the bowl seats against. Make small adjustments by bending the tab that the needle is attached to on the float, it won't take much to make a big difference. Hope this helps.

Josh

Josh, I have found the same thing. Even if its not perfect, its uaully so darn close. Also, beware of the needles with the spring in it, you will need to push down on the float to fully seat the needle. I also blow air into the fuel inlet and push down to see when the air stops, this is float level. And like Josh said, it should be pretty close to parallel to the carb to bowl seal surface.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.