Paint on side cover?

4 replies to this topic
  • Junior426

Posted July 30, 2006 - 08:38 AM

Looking at painting the stamped YAMAHA logo on the side cover of my bike. I have seen it done a few times before, just curious as to what people use to do this. Thanks for your help.

• 5star

Posted July 30, 2006 - 09:31 AM

I did it. What i did was use spray paint. I sprayed over all the letters and let it dry. After it was dry i took steal wool and took off the extra paint around the letters.

Also a nuther thing i did to the motor casing was sanded all the paint off and then polish it. It looks real nice. almost looks crome when you do that. takes a little while though but looks good when dune

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zique

Posted July 30, 2006 - 09:45 AM

crome...dune

You related to getdrunk?

• 5star

Posted July 30, 2006 - 09:52 AM

You related to getdrunk?

What? Am i drunk? :thumbsup:

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted July 30, 2006 - 12:02 PM

I did it. What i did was use spray paint. I sprayed over all the letters and let it dry. After it was dry i took steal wool and took off the extra paint around the letters.

Also a nuther thing i did to the motor casing was sanded all the paint off and then polish it. It looks real nice. almost looks crome when you do that. takes a little while though but looks good when dune

Post a picture of it. I would like to see it. And dude there is a spell check you can use.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.