Front fork Question

No replies to this topic
  • o4hondacrf230

Posted July 29, 2006 - 09:10 AM

The other day while riding the front right fork on my wr400 began to leak. A friend told me that its common for them to drip a little bit during extreme heat. It was about 100F outside and we were riding aggressively in the sand on a "whoop" section for an hour or so. I finally broke down and stripped the fork off. I jumped up and down on it and everything but no drip nor even a streak or oil residue.(Yes I'm sure I'm working on the fork in question) Is the heat the cause or something else? And if, how much "drip" is acceptable? And finally how much lithium grease should I use on the outter seal and do I even need to use lithium grease or will regular grease work just as well? Thanks for all of your help and advice -Ed

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.