Front fork bottom out!!

1 reply to this topic
  • boer

Posted July 29, 2006 - 06:40 AM

Was out this morning and got abit carried away when I took a run-up for climbing a long tall dune. By the time I hit the dune, the momenten I was carrying was just to much for the front fork, cause it made a big loud thunking :cry: sound when the fork bottomed out nearly dislocating my arms from my upper body :thumbsup:

My question is, can the WR frames and forks take these impacts? Should I check anything or any loaction in peticualr for damage considering the loud thunking sound on impact? :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted July 29, 2006 - 11:40 AM

Mine does the same thing, Im going to order stiffer front springs, You can try to stiffen up the compression dampning which will help a little.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.