2000 Xr650r

7 replies to this topic
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted July 28, 2006 - 08:20 PM

How much is a totaly stock 2000 XR650R that has about 5 ride hours on it worth? The thing looks new. Also, what tires, chain, and sprockets come on them from the factory? (just to make sure its as new as i think)

• motochris

Posted July 28, 2006 - 08:45 PM

A buddy bought a 2000 with about 10 hours on it, pipe, triple clamps, protapers, for $2300.

• drtrider145

Posted July 28, 2006 - 09:05 PM

$2300 plus tax from a dealer with about 100 hrs on it about a year ago

• HawkGT

Posted July 28, 2006 - 09:07 PM

If I had a 2000 XRR with 5 hours on it that looked new I bet I could sell it in a week for $3000 by doing nothing more than putting it in the CycleTrader. Prices and demand depend a lot on location though...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MindBlower

Posted July 29, 2006 - 10:10 AM

3k for sure around here.

• justicedone

Posted July 29, 2006 - 10:28 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...011896442QQrdZ1

this ones sweet, even though at a dealer so will be higher than private party, but lets see where she ends.

• J_T

Posted July 29, 2006 - 10:39 AM

I can't tell you about the tire brand but size is 80/100x21 front, 110/80x18 rear, the stock gearing is 14/48 (My stock sprocket was plain with no writting or designs on it...just a small 48t stamped on it. my front sprocket was plain as well, no brand names or designs)

To see how old it actually is...look at the Case sides of the motor! it doesn't take much riding for it to buff the case paint off... so the newer the less wear also the Aluminum Frame besid the foot pegs is a good place to look at wear. (not damaging wear but just use wear) it'll buff it smooth and shiny from pants there.

Obviously scratches...and tank sticker bubbles... doesn't help if riding on street but if its been off road its going down at least once in 5 hours.
If it still has the stock plastic brush guards...most remove or get broken off early...(make sure scratches on it looks like rest of bike so Previous owner didn't remove and replace when selling.

Another place to look at wear is the white mud flap. if new it may have tire skids even with stock size. if older may have grooves in it from normal flapping.

If the owner said stock...and it truely is stock...i.e no uncorking...then it certainly hasn't been put to its potential even if more than 5 hrs.

As far as pricing...I bought my 2000 for $2750 but that was Jan 2001! in stock form and no scratches. But I don't know what that same bike would be worth even if sitting the fellows garage for 5 years with no use?

Enjoy it

JT

• wr450fyamaha

Posted July 29, 2006 - 05:59 PM

I can't tell you about the tire brand but size is 80/100x21 front, 110/80x18 rear, the stock gearing is 14/48 (My stock sprocket was plain with no writting or designs on it...just a small 48t stamped on it. my front sprocket was plain as well, no brand names or designs)

To see how old it actually is...look at the Case sides of the motor! it doesn't take much riding for it to buff the case paint off... so the newer the less wear also the Aluminum Frame besid the foot pegs is a good place to look at wear. (not damaging wear but just use wear) it'll buff it smooth and shiny from pants there.

Obviously scratches...and tank sticker bubbles... doesn't help if riding on street but if its been off road its going down at least once in 5 hours.
If it still has the stock plastic brush guards...most remove or get broken off early...(make sure scratches on it looks like rest of bike so Previous owner didn't remove and replace when selling.

Another place to look at wear is the white mud flap. if new it may have tire skids even with stock size. if older may have grooves in it from normal flapping.

If the owner said stock...and it truely is stock...i.e no uncorking...then it certainly hasn't been put to its potential even if more than 5 hrs.

As far as pricing...I bought my 2000 for $2750 but that was Jan 2001! in stock form and no scratches. But I don't know what that same bike would be worth even if sitting the fellows garage for 5 years with no use?

Enjoy it

JT

Wow, 2750 is one hell of a deal for a year old bike. I'll look for all of the thing you suggested though...I've seen them go for 3K+ same year and worse condition on ebay....so I dunno....their value is probably going up due to gas prices....

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.