Shorty gas cap vent

4 replies to this topic
  • bumblebee

Posted July 28, 2006 - 04:58 PM

Ok i bought one of them stupid shorty gas cap vent tubes because i am tired of gas being pissed all over my fender. I have a 2006 YZ450f and after i put it on gas was spewing out from under the tube like it wasnt sealing good. Is there anyway to seal it tight to the cap, cuz now its pissing on my tank?????? thanks

• jimbob69

Posted July 28, 2006 - 05:07 PM

Id just JB weld it on there.

You wouldnt ever be able to get it back off though, just so you know.

Make sure everything is clean and dry before using the jb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigred455

Posted July 28, 2006 - 06:59 PM

To be totally honest,put the stock hose back on the cap. Without going into a whole story,they cause trouble!

• barch88

Posted July 28, 2006 - 07:02 PM

I don't get any problems or gas anywhere with my stock one...

• jamiehughes

Posted July 28, 2006 - 07:36 PM

i bought one of those no-toil billet gas caps with no vent tube at all. it was a little spendy(about $100 bucks) but i also hate that vent hose and i always thought the shorty ones looked kind of stupid. looked like your bike has a mini hardon.. dennis kirk has the no-toil billet caps if you are interested. the only leakage i have had is from people taking off my fuel cap looking for the vent and not getting it back on tight enough.. still didn't leak out hardly anything. it works pretty trick.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

• Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.