ElectroSport Stator.

6 replies to this topic
  • KVO-TN1-2beat

Posted July 28, 2006 - 04:58 PM

Anyone tried the Electosport stator for the YZ450? I was looking at the Electrex stator, but this one is cheaper and produces 50W. That would be enough to get a descent headlight running for my brother on his '03 YZ 450, then run LEDs for the rest. What do you all think? I'm not a YZ fellow since I own a DRZ, and certainly not an electritian, but some info would help.

• KVO-TN1-2beat

Posted July 28, 2006 - 08:08 PM

anyone?

• Zique

Posted July 28, 2006 - 10:14 PM

Anyone I've talked to have not been happy w/ the things. They only produce 50W at high rpm which your bike will not be running most of the time. Might be the only option for him right now though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KVO-TN1-2beat

Posted July 29, 2006 - 10:05 AM

So the electrex would be better?

• Zique

Posted July 29, 2006 - 11:27 AM

They are all the same. They don't put out enough power. I think Electrex rated their's at close to 70W if I remember right, but it seems to be the same story. If you would like the headlight to remain somewhat bright at idle, you need a battery set-up which starts getting a hair costly, but still doable. I the email to a rep at Electrex that has been extremely helpful to me when I had the same question. Maybe he could help you out a little better. PM me if you would like it.

• KVO-TN1-2beat

Posted July 30, 2006 - 02:18 PM

Shoot me that email for the electrex fellow if you would.

• GREYCAT

Posted July 31, 2006 - 04:30 AM

Baja designs has 180 watt external stator.$439.00
http://shop.thumpert...fault.asp?p=313

Mike

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.