Headlight replacement?

7 replies to this topic
  • Mark_B

Posted November 16, 2001 - 12:32 PM

Anybody know were I can get a replacment headlight lens. I caught a rock in the lens on a trail ride, checked with the dealer and the only way to replace it is to buy the lens, lamp, and related hardware for $113.

• Rocky

Posted November 16, 2001 - 12:42 PM

You can buy the complete assembly (plastic, lens, bulb etc) from baja designs from $69. Any of the aftermarket headlights (complete assembly) from Acerbis, Mayer, UFO and others is from $69.

• armourbl

Posted November 16, 2001 - 12:49 PM

might be worth it to make a wire cover for the light that can be removed easily. Like the covers you see on Jeeps, etc.

ben

• YAMAKAZE

Posted November 16, 2001 - 02:56 PM

Baja designs also sells a wire cover for the WR Headlight....I also learned the hard way...

http://albums.photop...0797&p=52733144

Bonzai :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fershy

Posted November 16, 2001 - 06:35 PM

Another alternative.

3M sells a clear vinyl that you can stick right on the lens cover. It is quite thick maybe 20mm? It is available through automotive specialty suppliers made specifically for this purpose. It absorbs all the big rock shots and is less obstrusive that those ugly wire guards. I have been running it on my WR for 2 years without incident. Just a thought.
fershy

• YAMAKAZE

Posted November 17, 2001 - 03:02 PM

Mine will never break again....(It's now hanging up on the wall of my trailer.....
http://albums.photop...0794&p=55275790

• Jekel

Posted November 18, 2001 - 05:26 PM

Now that you braged it would never break, it will fall off the wall in a freak accident. Something in the floor will poke through the wire and break the lens, also getting the bulb. All this while the trailer is sitting in your driveway :)

• YAMAKAZE

Posted November 19, 2001 - 02:56 AM

Thanks...Man....

I cable tied it to the wall this morning just in case...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.