Dual Exaust for a 426

7 replies to this topic
  • steve_cirillo

Posted July 28, 2006 - 03:56 PM

First off can it be done??? I checked the search feature and there wasn't anything. The reason I am asking is because I recently bought a Q2 pipe and now have the stock left over. Yesterday, my neighbor gave me his old stock pipe so now I have two stock silencers... my thought is that maybe I could fab something up??? I believe I would have a lot of clearance issues with the left side panel.. I know this sounds kinda gay and pointless but I think it would be a fun project in my spare time. Also, if anyone has pics of that being done I would love to see how it looks and how they routed the tubes... Oh and I almost forgot, if anyone can come across a pic of a Honda CRF250R without its mud flap on that would be awesome..
Another thing I was thinking about was maybe taking a couple of inches off of the stock pipes.. I noticed that the crf has relatively short and small pipes. I figured it was for backpressure issues but I’m prolly wrong

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted July 28, 2006 - 04:06 PM

FMF makes duel exhaust for newer models it comes with the 2 mufflers, mid pipe and header, and new air box. Not sure if it comes with a new side panel. All for $1500. Now with the stock mufflers you would have to find a different mid pipe and cut the air box. Then have to re-jet. If you want a duel exhaust system see if FMF makes it for your bike.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted July 28, 2006 - 05:33 PM

FMF makes dual exhaust for a bike other than the CRF250R???

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted July 28, 2006 - 09:11 PM

FMF makes dual exhaust for a bike other than the CRF250R???

Yeah Transworld has done a test on the duel exhaust on a SX-F250 and then when they tested it on the RM-Z450 they said FMF has come out with duel exhaust for newer 450F and 250F models.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 28, 2006 - 09:36 PM

To put it succinctly, &%$#@! for?

• steve_cirillo

Posted July 29, 2006 - 01:40 AM

To put it succinctly, &%$#@! for?

y not i have the extra parts and i think it might be different.... worth a shot.. test my fab skills

• flintlock28

Posted July 29, 2006 - 04:09 AM

I'm with grayracer 513 on this one.....

I think the dual pipe concept is sound logically in making the bike have a better center of gravity; but being practical, is it really worth all the extra cash??

If you dump the bike, you now have the possibility of spending way more money to fix it.

I think the phrase "diminishing returns" applies here.

• Satch0922

Posted July 30, 2006 - 03:18 PM

I am going to fabricate an old school down swept pipe for my YZ250 :thumbsup:

jk jk jk jk :ride:

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.