how much horsepower?

25 replies to this topic
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted July 31, 2006 - 11:43 AM

I would bet my XR600R is about 35 at the rear wheel up where I live which is at 7420ft above sea level. Man, somethimes I wish I still lived in Monterey Ca again! But if it werent for the damned politics of the Republik of Kalifornia.....Id still be there....some things never change!

Oh, and I saw a HRC Baja XR680 on a website they claim is 72 hp at the rear wheel. Now all you guys can go apeshit over that one! It does look real trick, but 72 rwhp? Yeah it is a 680, and Im sure cams, porting, ballanced, a trick carb...but 72 rwhp!

cams, porting, polishing, ballanced, carb, AND titanium valves, titanium springs, custom 14/1 compression, turbocharger? (yes it is possable but....unlikely), 9K rpm rev limiter, computer, the list goes on....

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 31, 2006 - 12:27 PM

cams, porting, polishing, ballanced, carb, AND titanium valves, titanium springs, custom 14/1 compression, turbocharger? (yes it is possable but....unlikely), 9K rpm rev limiter, computer, the list goes on....

You aint too far off! There is also a turboed XR650R on the same site! This bike I speak of is an Ex factory HRC bike...I have the URL saved if you want to see it.

Turbo XR650R,
http://www.fourstrok...R650RTurbo.html

and the baja bikes and the 72hp torquer

http://www.fourstrok...aXRDisplay.html

• HawkGT

Posted July 31, 2006 - 02:08 PM

That turboed bike looks like one beat-on test mule...

I wonder what it's like to ride? Seems like my mostly stock XRR goes as fast off-road as I dare take it (usually)...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • unclecameron

Posted July 31, 2006 - 04:07 PM

The issue is rideability, which largely depends on you. I rode a CRF450R after riding big bikes only and couldn't hardly get the thing to head straight and stay running....because of the way I ride, not the bike. My friend got on it and shredded. Then I followed him on a 1983 XL600 in bad shape with bad tires and kept up fine, because I knew the bike. You have to ride the CRF like a scalded cat, whereas you finesse the big XR's and go the same places. Also if you're small, lighter is much more rideable, which is good. I don't care. Any XR will go scary places at scary speeds if you ride it well, which is the challenge, riding well and having fun. Ride them both, you do enough work to either you'll be at escape velocity, but they ride VERY differently. I just bought a newer XR because of it.

If it makes you smile, ride it
Cameron
San Diego
San Diego Adventure Riders
SDAR

• Ramcc4x4

Posted August 01, 2006 - 05:07 AM

I had an XR650R with a stage 1 cam, Edelbrock carb, open side panel, rev limiter, header and exhaust. That bike did make a lot more power than my new WR450. The XR650 pulled strong from idle to redline and was happy in practically any gear. The WR450 has a fair amount of torque for a 450 but obviously can't tractor as well at low rpms like the 650. The 450 is very happy at higher rpms with it's 11,000 rpm redline. If i compare the stock WR450 to the uncorked XR650R I'd have to say the WR450 feels faster and has a stronger pull.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 01, 2006 - 08:02 AM

That turboed bike looks like one beat-on test mule...

I wonder what it's like to ride? Seems like my mostly stock XRR goes as fast off-road as I dare take it (usually)...

It sure does.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.