header guard for 400

3 replies to this topic
  • iwhitevt

Posted July 27, 2006 - 08:54 AM

I installed a new White Bros titanium header pipe on my '98 wr400. Its already suffered one small dent and has also melted holes through all my riding pants and my leg on several occasions. I have been looking for a carbon fiber header guard with no luck. Didn’t know if any of you use one and could make a recommendation? I found one for the stock pipe, but the WB’s header doesn’t have any mounting tabs.

• jbrearley

Posted September 01, 2006 - 05:54 AM

Gidday Ian,

Aussie wr400f 2000 model i own has the stock headder pipe and i also bought a GYTR headder pipe cannot tell them appart. I think US & Aussie bikes are somewhat differing in some parts i see all the air pipe mods you have to do we dont have this pipe!!
Try ballards.com.au or a parts shop in US see if they do have KTM pipe gards that you could modify ....

Good Luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redrocket190

Posted September 01, 2006 - 08:58 AM

E-Line Accessories...I have one installed on my '99 WR400F to protect a White Brothers E-Series pipe.

• BlackSheep

Posted September 02, 2006 - 07:40 AM

www.carbonfiberworks.com makes one for the White Bros. hedder, says it fits '03 and '04 so I don't know if it will work or not. Its not free though, :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.