Jetting for Colorado

8 replies to this topic
  • vega25

Posted July 26, 2006 - 07:35 AM

I've gone twice with only a little power loss on stock. I did the the Dave's Mods and need to know what jets to get for this trip. Help ....I leaving in a week!!

• danbart

Posted July 26, 2006 - 08:04 AM

I'm running: 65S, 162, F needle w/ clip in 3rd pos, fuel screw 2 1/4 turns out.

Unifilater air filter and uncorcked stock muffler.

Hope this helps!

• vega25

Posted July 26, 2006 - 08:57 AM

thanks!!! :thumbsup:

• snaggleXR650

Posted July 26, 2006 - 11:55 AM

Hold on now. Danbart is talking about a 650R, I *think* Vega is talking about a 650L. Gotta be specific, as 650R jetting is way richer than what you need for your L.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vega25

Posted July 26, 2006 - 05:35 PM

Yes, Yes. It is an "L". I am currently running Dave's Mods. with an after market pipe. It runs great in the NC mts..at around 5,000 ft. These mods were done after Colorado last year. Noticed a little power reduction going over some of the high passes last year.

Don't they all come the same??? What does a Honda dealer do for his customers in Colorado?? :thumbsup:

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted July 27, 2006 - 03:07 AM

Interesting question

They must do something to compensate, I bought a Magna on Colfax in Denver & it ran perfectly. I rode it to New York for storage when i got transferred overseas and had to have it rejetted as it ran like hell when i got it here.

• danbart

Posted July 27, 2006 - 07:29 AM

Sorry! Specifying bike type normally helps.

• danbart

Posted July 27, 2006 - 07:31 AM

Don't they all come the same??? What does a Honda dealer do for his customers in Colorado?? :thumbsup:

Nothing!

You have to gett it rejetted off the showroom floor and they charge you $60 if they do it!

• cleonard

Posted July 27, 2006 - 08:49 AM

I would remove the shim on the needle. That leans it out in the middle part of the throttle. The main only really controls 3/4 to wide open throttle. If you will be riding single track, there isn't too much wide open happening. On my 600, I find that dropping the needle is required when doing extended riding above 7000 or so feet. It makes a much bigger difference to rideability than changing the main.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.