Yamaha or Honda???

17 replies to this topic
  • masternayte

Posted July 24, 2006 - 10:46 PM

I have a 2004 crf250r and im alwayz ridin in fifth gear :ride: so instead of messin w/ the bike (and lowering its value while increasing mine!) ive decided to sell sell sell!! i want a 450 now so i can ride faster and have more power thats for sure. just got one question, 2007 CRF or 2007 WR??? im leanin to the yamaha because it is $100 cheaper and the new computer {gotta have all the goodies} ive always ridin honda but my buddies gotta 02 yz426 and he/i love it to peices. i wanna get a new one cause i have the worst luck w/ used. I almost alwayz ride in the mojave dessert, some track, some neighboring fields!!

so heres where you come in Big Red ---or--- Big Blue

thanx for the help

--Nayte :thumbsup:

• Alex_YZ450F

Posted July 24, 2006 - 10:56 PM

Are you talking about the Honda 450X or R. If you are talking about the X then definitely go with the new WR, those things are awesome. If you are speaking about the 450R then go with the YZF; for 07 they didn't change much from 06 so you won't be disappointed with it. Have fun with whichever you end up with.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 25, 2006 - 06:44 AM

Yamaha forum typically means Yamaha recommendation.

I don't see how you can go wrong with eight bike. They both will be significantly heavier that what you are used to. You will notice the weight as much as you notice the power.

I've never owned the crf450x, but my wr450f is not so bad to maintain. Its pretty easy and I can't see how a used 05 or above wr450 will be a problem. Since you own a dirtbike, I am assuming that you like wrenching a little.

I know two different guys with crf450x's and they love them. When going less than 10mph, the Honda feels a little easier to turn, but who the heck goes that slow? As far as reliability, Honda has taken a beating over their valve and tranny issues. But most have no problems.

Yamaha's just keep on running without fail.

The $100 is insignificant... why would you mention that?

• crrider491

Posted July 25, 2006 - 06:54 AM

i would get the honda 450 if i was you

• dbailey223

Posted July 25, 2006 - 11:19 AM

Because ....

• ridered55

Posted July 25, 2006 - 11:54 AM

^^^ It's bad ass!!

• bandit99

Posted July 25, 2006 - 02:41 PM

I would suggest checking out each bike at the dealer. Sit on it. Kick the tires. If you can find an opprotunity to ride both that is the best way to decide. Honda and Yamaha are both great bikes. I would check out KTM too.

• 300wby

Posted July 25, 2006 - 07:55 PM

im leanin to the yamaha because it is $100 cheaper and the new computer {gotta have all the goodies}

Are you kidding that $100 would sway you on a $7000+ purchase? No offense but thats just stupid.
BTW forget what crrider491 and ridered55 have to say. I'm new on here but those boys havent ever posted in Yami territory that I've ever seen. So this post is either a plant to intice arguement or they are trying to ruffle the Yami boys feathers. They are biased and that is that.
If you really are so indicisive that you are leaning towards saving $100 dollars then stop, I have a MUCH better way of figuring this out. Reach into your pocket and pull out a coin....Yami=heads Hondo=tails...that'll solve your problem and you'll be just as happy either way.
Except that you would have a 50% chance up owning a honda and that really would suck.

• ridered55

Posted July 25, 2006 - 09:11 PM

I would suggest checking out each bike at the dealer. Sit on it. Kick the tires. If you can find an opprotunity to ride both that is the best way to decide. Honda and Yamaha are both great bikes. I would check out KTM too.

:ride: Very Good Advice!! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Turismo

Posted July 25, 2006 - 10:05 PM

Yamaha forum typically means Yamaha recommendation.

If this was the Honda forum I still would recommend a Yamaha! :thumbsup:

• pkcof

Posted July 25, 2006 - 10:06 PM

If you ask 'Honda people' then they will tell you to get a Honda. If you ask 'Yamaha people' then obviously the answer will be Yamaha.
Have a ride on both of them and choose your personal favorite. We can recommend our personal favorite but that may not suit you, your riding style or your maintenance schedule. If you purchased a bike based on our recommendation and for whatever reason you were not happy with it, would it be our fault ?

• Jamopa

Posted July 25, 2006 - 10:08 PM

If this was the Honda forum I still would recommend a Yamaha! :thumbsup:

I Agree. And also the WR has a special Enduro gearbox. The CRF is made for motocross.

• AZ-rider

Posted July 25, 2006 - 10:18 PM

booo!!! every one should know by now that honda has the fastest four-strokes on the market :thumbsup:

• pkcof

Posted July 25, 2006 - 11:18 PM

booo!!! every one should know by now that honda has the fastest four-strokes on the market :thumbsup:

... and then they explode ...

• masternayte

Posted July 25, 2006 - 11:44 PM

hey thanks for all the help im prolly going to get the yami :thumbsup:

by the way if yopu are willing to drive to LA go to:

http://www.otdcyclesports.com/

^^ = muchos cheaper

thanks again

--Nayte :ride:

• texas_hippie

Posted July 26, 2006 - 07:54 AM

... and then they explode ...

Must be an Al Qaeda infiltrator in the Honda Factory assembly line, huh? Too funny!

• rushfan

Posted July 26, 2006 - 08:06 AM

I Agree. And also the WR has a special Enduro gearbox. The CRF is made for motocross.

Yeah, kinda. WR = wide ratio, YZF = close ratio.
CRF X = wide ratio, CRF R close ratio

Just pick a color. :thumbsup:

• rushfan

Posted July 26, 2006 - 08:12 AM

Are you kidding that $100 would sway you on a $7000+ purchase? No offense but thats just stupid.
BTW forget what crrider491 and ridered55 have to say. I'm new on here but those boys havent ever posted in Yami territory that I've ever seen. So this post is either a plant to intice arguement or they are trying to ruffle the Yami boys feathers. They are biased and that is that.
If you really are so indicisive that you are leaning towards saving $100 dollars then stop, I have a MUCH better way of figuring this out. Reach into your pocket and pull out a coin....Yami=heads H solve your problem and you'll be just as happy either way.
Except that you would have a 50% chance up owning a honda and that really would suck.

I agree with all that you said, in fact, you nailed it... except for the last sentence. Honda is a great bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.