06 Breather leaking

5 replies to this topic
  • YZJAMES450

Posted July 24, 2006 - 11:50 AM

I have about 2.5 hours (after break in) on my 06 450 se. And the breather tube that comes out of the top of the motor is still leaking oil. The service manager at the shop I bought it from says it will stop after break in. But it hasnt. anyone else's bike do this during breakin or after breakin? How long did it last? please help, very irritating!!!!!

• yzernie

Posted July 24, 2006 - 11:54 AM

They will almost always ooooze a little bit. Not anything to worry about.

• vtownrida

Posted July 24, 2006 - 01:01 PM

ya....mine leaks still

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • barch88

Posted July 24, 2006 - 02:38 PM

Is you're oil overfilled? That could be the problem. Unscrew the overfill bolt (behind shifter), let any excess oil flow out, screw it back in, start it, check oil level...if any oil flowed out than it was overfilled, it should now be perfect.

• YZJAMES450

Posted July 25, 2006 - 07:31 AM

Thanks Barch. I will try that and let you guys know.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted July 25, 2006 - 08:23 AM

Some oil will get pushed out that tube, it's normal. The Honda has the breather tube routed to the airbox and "T'd" down to an oil collection tube with a cap. You have to drain it every once in a while. It's normal.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.