dumb question about my new clutch ctrls

2 replies to this topic
  • slepe67

Posted July 24, 2006 - 08:13 AM

I just installed new bars, grips, cables, dig speedo, levers, etc. on my XR600R. Everything works great, except the fact that I'm an idiot and cant remember how to adjust my clutch. Been a while. It has a thumb roller knob whacker guy. I'm tired, cant think of the name. Anywho, has an arrow pointing up, and to the right of that arrow, is another that points to the right. When I pull in the clutch lever, I can see it moving the lever down on the crank case(tranny). It looks like it has full range of motion, but when I fire it up, and put it in gear, I got no clutch. When I turn the knob, what direction does what? Thanks...JL

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 24, 2006 - 12:36 PM

I just installed new bars, grips, cables, dig speedo, levers, etc. on my XR600R. Everything works great, except the fact that I'm an idiot and cant remember how to adjust my clutch. Been a while. It has a thumb roller knob whacker guy. I'm tired, cant think of the name. Anywho, has an arrow pointing up, and to the right of that arrow, is another that points to the right. When I pull in the clutch lever, I can see it moving the lever down on the crank case(tranny). It looks like it has full range of motion, but when I fire it up, and put it in gear, I got no clutch. When I turn the knob, what direction does what? Thanks...JL

OK first there should be about 1/8 inch of play in the cable between the perch and the flat part of the clutch lever. By no clutch do you mean it is not doing anything when you pull it in or it wont engauge the tranny like it is allways pulled in? Anyway, as you adjust less and less play into the lever it will get harder to pull in and engauge further away from the bars. If there is no play it is allways engauged, so youll have to turn the adjuster in towards the lever, if it is the oppisite, turn it so the adjuster gets longer therefore taking up play in the cable.

• slepe67

Posted July 24, 2006 - 03:31 PM

sweet thanks...by the way, you being from NM and all...I hear I may be moving to Clovis NM (Cannon AFB) in the not so near future. What is it like out there? I looked at google earth, and it looks, uh, FLAT! How about riding? I spent a bunch of time in ABQ, and riding is good out there, Clovis, not so sure.I was gonna bring this 600R out there, but, I think I will get a XR650R. I know this has been on here 100 times, but, how hard is it to get a 650R registered in NM? My 600R is registered as a (SSSHHH) 49cc moped...not sure how they did it, I bought it used...

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.