01 Clutch fix ->OEM or Aftermarket?

2 replies to this topic
  • Zique

Posted July 23, 2006 - 05:27 PM

Hey all. I am probably going to be doing the 01 clutch fix to my 426 here in the next month or so and was wondering what ya'll thought about the parts to use.

Should I just use the OEM clutch plates & springs for the 01 or should I get a clutch kit from EBC or someone like that for the 01? Or does it even really matter at all?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Premo

Posted July 23, 2006 - 05:48 PM

OEM is fine. Never had a problem with Yamaha OEM, they last.

• grayracer513

Posted July 23, 2006 - 07:56 PM

Very few of the available aftermarket clutch kits are equal to Yamaha OEM, IMO. Two that are are the Hinson and the Yamaha GYT-R. Both are excellenty upgrades, and the GYT-R kit (pn GYT-5TA56-30-00) includes the boss spring used in the '01 clutch. Hinson springs are better than stock, but OEM is well worth its price.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.