Should I sell my 426 for a lighter woods bike

4 replies to this topic
  • srhines67

Posted July 23, 2006 - 01:16 AM

I have a pristine 02 426 I really like but it rides heavy. I am thinking about selling it for a light woods bike like a ktm 200, yz 250 with mods or a kdx 220. Any opinions about what to do? I sat on a kdx the other day and couldn't believe how light it felt. I wish my 426 felt that light. Anyways, all of my riding is trails and very liitle on the track.

• Satch0922

Posted July 23, 2006 - 04:03 AM

I went from a 426 to an 05 YZ250. I ride moto but I tell ya the YZ250 is a feather weight compared to my trust ole 426. The YZ250 is a great woods bike though...gear it right, add a flywheel weight and have fun!

Here is a trick YZ250 woods bike (not mine btw)
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yogist

Posted July 23, 2006 - 08:09 AM

I have an old cr 250 and a 426....When I ride the 250, it feels like a mountain bike with a motor...After throwing the 426 around...riding the 250 is soooo easy....It has a flywheel weight on it....A two stroke 250...properly geared and a desert tank and flywheel weight would be sweet....Throw on some desert lights..Sweeeet..!!

Nice bike..!! :thumbsup:

• GlobalWarmer

Posted July 23, 2006 - 08:59 AM

I've actually been thinking of going the other way. I have Cr250 I use as a woods bike. In truth the only complaint I have is that I can't get a cali plate for it. I had it bored over and ported. It's fast, and agile. Plus it kicks over really easy. I think the 426 is supposed to be only 20 pounds heavier. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. Maybe it has a different center of gravity.

• barch88

Posted July 23, 2006 - 09:05 AM

I was going to get a '06 YZ250 before I bought the 450. I say do what you feel you gotta do, the YZ250 is a powerhouse and you won't be disappointed.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.