wr 450 rebuild again? 6 200 km

1 reply to this topic
  • pops 56

Posted July 22, 2006 - 08:46 PM

After i replaced the gearbox parts and new rings (1200.km ago)There has been a bit more noise than before. Pulled motor down today. Just to be play safe, found that the flywheel side crank bearing is no good .There is a fair bit of movement side to side in the crank rod . A bit more than the manual says so the rod will need replacing. Question is do I replace the whole crank + piston with a aftermarket crank+ piston kit or use OEM again. Has anyone used a aftermarket crank+piston kit in there wr450. I will go with a complete crank as where I live It will take a while to send the crank away to be rebuilt. Please need some advice. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Premo

Posted July 22, 2006 - 09:01 PM

Hey Pops!

Thought of getting a falicon stroker crank? Seeing as you are thinking about replacing and all......
Looks a bit pricey though.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.