'99YZ400F set-up for enduros or convert back to MX
12 oz. flywheel weight (can be removed)
o ring chain
lighting coil(40watt)
WR head light assembly
Taillight with license bracket
Kick stand (WR frame mount)
Works frame guards
Stroker pipe with spark arrestor (US forestry stamp)
FMF head pipe (clears the filter)
Guts racing tall foam and cover
Devol front disc protecter
Renthal bars (full length)
Clark large capacity tank
MSR raptor clutch perch and lever
New Mich S-12 rear tire
Extras not on bike: sprockets 2front and 2rear, oil filter, air filter (twin air),Flywheel puller, stock silencer, moose skid plate, front number plate, renthal bars cut to 29in., bark busters and thumper racing bar mount risers (1.5in up and forward).

Can sell as MX or enduro you pick. I do not have original tank or rear fender. Bike is in excellent overall condition. Religious oil and filter changes. Valves recently adjusted. Extremely reliable and yes, very easy to start. Needs nothing but a rider. You can have everything above for $3500.00 (OBO) or strip to strictly MX for $3000.00.

E-mail: skmcbride@home.com
I live in northern Maryland and would like to avoid shipping if possible.

Thanks, Keith.

[ November 15, 2001: Message edited by: kmcbride ]

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: kmcbride ]

• BlueThunder

Posted November 15, 2001 - 07:26 AM

Don't leave us hanging mcbride....what Katoom did ya buy? Congrats on the new ride and good luck with the sale. Sounds like a nice machine, it'll be gone in no time. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kmcbride

Posted November 15, 2001 - 08:31 AM

I found a new '01 520EXC and couldn't resist. My friend just bought an '02 and I got a chance to ride it for a while and fell in love. I thought I sneak it in the basement and have it blend in with my other bikes but my wife spotted the pumpkin and demanded liquidation of old blue. I race enduros and ride woods mostly so the KTM suits me well. The motor on the 520 reminds me of my old XR 600's, long stroke with engine braking but more responsive. I hate to admit the e-start is pretty sweet as well. As most of us seem to be, I am fickle as hell when it comes to bikes and if I don't have one, I usually want it.
Take care, Keith

• BlueThunder

Posted November 15, 2001 - 02:03 PM

Gotta tell ya, I'm envious. I got to ride both a 300 and 520EXC this summer and was thoroughly impressed with both of them. The 300 was a super lightweight woods weapon(already dual-sported and everything) and the 520 was just a blast wherever I was riding it. Good low end grunt, smooth tractable power everywhere and I never had to remember a firing sequence when trying to start it. I love my WR but I want the KTM 380EXC as my second bike. Once again, congrats. :)

• kmcbride

Posted November 18, 2001 - 05:21 AM

Bump with price cut!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.