what

11 replies to this topic
  • quailboy

Posted July 22, 2006 - 09:11 AM

so i got my YZ400F and put some new plastics but its still missing something have you guys got any ideas. heres a pic

Posted Image

• Markopolo400

Posted July 22, 2006 - 09:18 AM

Ditch all the random stickers on it.

And it might just be me, but I don't like black plastic, unless you take off everything blue. It just doesn't match the blue frame, blue tank, and the blue shrouds with black graphics on it...

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted July 22, 2006 - 09:21 AM

Get those little stickers off. Go get some graphics and maybe numbers. And get the whole graphics kit those really bring the bike together.

• Jaycycle

Posted July 22, 2006 - 09:36 AM

Hah I was in the same exact boat you were in. I just ended up buying a new tank and shrouds (black). Still waiting on the stupid tank.

• barch88

Posted July 22, 2006 - 10:54 AM

Go all black, or all blue, ditch stickers, get a better chain than the stock one, get some new sprockets (they look like stockers, so I'm sure they could use new ones), IMO the seat cover looks like crap, and then clean it. You should be good!

• 642MX

Posted July 22, 2006 - 12:49 PM

Ditch the seat cover and black plastic. Get a matching seat cover and graphics combo.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zique

Posted July 22, 2006 - 01:30 PM

where did you get black fork guards?

• e30M3

Posted July 22, 2006 - 01:42 PM

Ditto on all the comments. Pick a color and get some decent graphics.

• simon21

Posted July 22, 2006 - 02:20 PM

Where's your chain guard dude ? :thumbsup:

• quailboy

Posted July 22, 2006 - 08:05 PM

dont know where my chain guard is i dont know much about the bike. i couldnt find shrouds that are black and tanks are too expensive for me. for the black fork guards go to your local WPS dealer. they will be there.

• barch88

Posted July 22, 2006 - 08:19 PM

No chain guard is fine, but does it have a case saver? It sort of don't look like it does, it's a piece of plastic or metal that is in front of the front sprocket, screwed into the case...without one the cases are in danger.

• Jaycycle

Posted July 22, 2006 - 08:20 PM

An alternative to a new tank and shrouds is get a darker, with alot of black, graphic kit that covers the gas tank. And also I agree get ride of the other stickers. Then once you get the funds start getting other odds and ends that are black; sprockets, chain guards, new seat cover, something for the air box.... to make it look black again, I forget the name but those caps that you take off to find TDC, pegs, shifter, brake pedal and that kind of stuff.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.