New guy with new YZ450 saying Hi

I picked it up on Monday and took it to the track on Tuesday, which was my first time ever riding a mx track...all i can say is I suck...but had a totally blast and can't wait to ride again.

I love this bike...it flat out hauls and for me is probably a little much for my skill level, but who cares I LOVE IT!

YZ450F010.jpg

YZ450F005.jpg

YZ450F008.jpg

How do you like that Dr.D from the stocker???

I love the Dr. D...I like the fact that it has spark arrester and I can install a quiet core, but it was put on new so no experience with the stock exhaust.

Nice looking '06 man, is that a Raptor 700 next to it?

Yes it is...I really like that too but there is just something about two wheels I just love. The cool thing now is when we go out my wife has something to ride and I have a couple of friends that only have quads so sometimes I will do a quad only ride.

Damn nice bike and new parts...we have similar aftermarket tastes, lol

Yeah they had this one put together and I got a fair deal...so I just picked this one up off the show room floor. I have bought a few bikes from them and know them all pretty good so they give me a fair deal where they still make a few bucks and feel good when I leave...so I am happy.

I have ordered the fastway pegs to be mounted in the lowboy position and maybe a set of the CR Highs and a tall seat...since I am 6'6".

Thanks all for the complements I just want to go ride...I can't wait for next weekend I am heading over to China hat area with a few friends...I am going to take the quad and bike, since my friends only have quads.

Nice choice on the pegs and bars! You should get a new chain while your at it Regina ORN6 or ERT2 DID Gold are both great!

Yeah, I was going to get a Raptor 700 for trails and stuff because the 450 is just a beast and I like to ride quads once and awhile for a bit of relaxed fun.

I have ordered the fastway pegs to be mounted in the lowboy position and maybe a set of the CR Highs and a tall seat...since I am 6'6".QUOTE]

I had the CR high bends on my old CRF. After getting my 06 yzf everbody said get the Windham bend, so I did. I like the windham bend a lot more, there is less pull back, which is more confertable to me... Just a thought. ?

Sounds like you need to be leaning a bit more forward. When you are riding you should be able to look down and see you front number plate. Also, the track experience grows on you until you don't want to ride trails anymore. At least that is what happen to me.

You should get a new chain while your at it Regina ORN6 or ERT2 DID Gold are both great!

I have the ERT2 I just have not put it on yet...still deciding if I want to change sprocket in rear (maybe up one or two) any thoughts? Will change before next ride...so in next few days.

So are you having any trouble keeping the front end down?

A little but I have been taking it kind of easy...I do love the power. I like taking things easy and progressing slowly and trying to learn without to many O S**T moments. By the end of the day I was getting a little more comfortable and know with time it will get even better. I just love this bike even though I have not ridden it much yet.

I like the windham bend a lot more, there is less pull back, which is more confertable to me... Just a thought.

I did notice the pull back a little more then stock. I will look into the Windham bend...is the height about the same as the CR High?

Also, the track experience grows on you until you don't want to ride trails anymore. At least that is what happen to me.

I could see that happening...that is one of the reasons for going with the yz over the WR along with many others. I really want to go back to the track. I have a friend I work with that used to race that loved riding at Longview...so I have been trying to get him back into it so we can ride.