Rear shock leaking...what's best?

2 replies to this topic
  • Zique

Posted July 21, 2006 - 10:48 PM

So I just noticed that my rear shock seems to be leaking a bit. What do ya'll suppose would be my least expensive and best solution to the problem? Should I just buy a new set-up, or can I get this one rebuilt? What years shocks fit on my bike?

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 22, 2006 - 07:52 AM

Rebuilding yours is going to be far less costly than buying another one unless you steal it off eBay while no one's looking. Most suspension shops will rebuild for around $60-75, and re-valve starting at something like $150. Then you'll know exactly what you have.

• Zique

Posted July 22, 2006 - 01:22 PM

I think I'm going to be checking eBay for a while and if I have no success for a week or so, I will go have it rebuilt. Thanks.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.