help suspenssion settings

5 replies to this topic
  • centermass

Posted July 21, 2006 - 06:04 PM

i'm 220 lbs and ride an 06 yz450 i love the bike but obviously it's not set up for my size. i don't know a whole lot about suspenssion and with the money i'm gonna spend on it i want to get it right the first time.i ride about 75% trail and 25 track i'd like to find a nice balance if thats possible. i'm willing to have it a little rougher when i trail ride to avoid bottoming at the track. any help would be appreciated.. thanks

• barch88

Posted July 21, 2006 - 06:07 PM

First try to start with your Sag settings, I'm a big guy too and I just adjusted my Sag and the bike feels perfect for is a link:

Other than that you will have to get it sent in to a suspension company to change springs, and all that good expensive stuff. You can also try to play with your rebound clickers but I wouldn't bother.

• centermass

Posted July 21, 2006 - 06:13 PM

yeah i did set the sag and at first it was good but now that it,s getting broken in it just feels like it's a touch squirelly, i kinda feel like my timing is off when i'm hitting jumps and woops . i ride a 426 also that is set up for my size. and to be honest i feel more comfortable on it than the 450.. but i guess that could be because i'm used to the 426 it's apig but it's fun to ride.. p.s. how did those seal savers work out ? did they tear ..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • barch88

Posted July 21, 2006 - 07:48 PM

Yeah, they tore, right where the plastic is...:thumbsup: They were nothing but problems from the start...that's a $20 I will never spend agian.

• grayracer513

Posted July 21, 2006 - 10:54 PM

You can change the springs yourself, save a bunch of money, and make a world of difference in how your suspension works, all at the same time. Having the right spring rate is the single most important facet of your suspension setup. Without it, everything else is a compromise.

• centermass

Posted July 22, 2006 - 11:52 AM

thanks guys for the advise i appreciate it.. i'm thinking of going with factory connection any other suggestions......

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.