2006 YZ 450 - how to pick up?

27 replies to this topic
  • kyleyz

Posted July 22, 2006 - 11:03 AM

But your Redbeard and us normal people can't do that stuff man! :thumbsup:

suckup

• FFRacing79

Posted July 22, 2006 - 11:20 AM

Just ride up along side the stand while doing a stoppie and flick the backend over with a little hip action...no lifting required. I used to be able to do it(well at least 1 out of 3 tries LOL), but not having ridden for a few years I am a bit out of practice.

• Troutman

Posted July 23, 2006 - 08:43 AM

Just ride up along side the stand while doing a stoppie and flick the backend over with a little hip action...no lifting required. I used to be able to do it(well at least 1 out of 3 tries LOL), but not having ridden for a few years I am a bit out of practice.

Nice :thumbsup:

• dbehr624

Posted July 23, 2006 - 03:24 PM

I lift mine by the fender all the time and haven't had any problems. Throwing a little hip into to it really helps.

Thats how i do it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mobius

Posted July 23, 2006 - 04:58 PM

I use the pipe.

Really, what exactly are you using in that pipe?

• yogist

Posted July 23, 2006 - 05:08 PM

rim.............

• barch88

Posted July 23, 2006 - 06:11 PM

I don't know how you guy's pick it up by the rim and stuff...don't the bike fall over from the front end while trying to grab it and lift it? I just do the fender...it's the only sensibly way I could think of...Those who lift it by the pipe...OUCH! Come back after a moto and burn myself, I don't think so.

• centermass

Posted July 23, 2006 - 07:34 PM

i must agree with barch picking it up by the pipe hmmm. maybe after i get home and it's cold but after a 40 minute moto no way i actually did grab it there once . i wa just trying to scoot the ass end over a little and reached down and grabbed a handful of pipe and went for it but i had my gloves on so it took a couple of seconds to feel it. i was hopping around like an idiot and my buddies were all dying so let it be a lesson to those of you who use the pipe too much you will be burned

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.