2006 YZ 450 - how to pick up?

27 replies to this topic
  • Treagan

Posted July 21, 2006 - 12:26 PM

Where are you guys picking up the rear end to place your yz on the stand. The airbox cover is only big enough for 2 fingers, and I'm to weak to pick up my bike with 2 fingers! The rear fender by the seat doesn't seem reinforced enough. What am I missing? Thanks

• Merc1212

Posted July 21, 2006 - 12:31 PM

I pick mine up by the rim (stand behind bike and grab rim with one hand and put the other on the rear fender to keep it from falling over). Getting one of those fancy lifts could make it alot easier though :thumbsup:

Marc

• Ranger18

Posted July 21, 2006 - 01:15 PM

Ya, I was upset to see yamaha do away with the rear number plate handle, although the style of the 06 is much nicer. I don't use a stand when I take my bike out, it's either the a frame stand or a tie down.

• FriscoKLR

Posted July 21, 2006 - 01:30 PM

I lift mine by the fender all the time and haven't had any problems. Throwing a little hip into to it really helps.

• NYMXer

Posted July 21, 2006 - 02:10 PM

I pick it up by the pipe at the kick starter. :thumbsup:

• Troutman

Posted July 21, 2006 - 02:14 PM

I just pick it up by the gas tank vent hose like a brief case.

• barch88

Posted July 21, 2006 - 03:21 PM

I pick it up by the rear fender, me being on the left side of the bike, because I'm right handed, and the exhaust isnt in my way...yeah, throw your hip into it.

• centermass

Posted July 21, 2006 - 05:47 PM

right arm on the swing arm and curl it up on the stand . you can kinda put your shoulder into it that way

• Ga426owner

Posted July 21, 2006 - 05:51 PM

Where are you guys picking up the rear end to place your yz on the stand. The airbox cover is only big enough for 2 fingers, and I'm to weak to pick up my bike with 2 fingers! The rear fender by the seat doesn't seem reinforced enough. What am I missing? Thanks

no offense but maybe it is time to get to the gym.............
seriously ....... you are kidding right...pick it up at the rear fender/subframe and use you legs man! :thumbsup:

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted July 21, 2006 - 10:04 PM

I pick it up from the rear rim and swing it over. I'm buying a lift stand soon, though.

Doug

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 21, 2006 - 10:50 PM

I pick it up by the pipe at the kick starter. :thumbsup:

What kind of gloves do you wear? :ride: ouch!

• Baron Von Beard

Posted July 21, 2006 - 11:40 PM

I've been picking my bikes up with telepathy for years and it's always the most convenient way.

• barch88

Posted July 21, 2006 - 11:48 PM

I've been picking my bikes up with telepathy for years and it's always the most convenient way.

But your Redbeard and us normal people can't do that stuff man! :thumbsup:

• Diode663

Posted July 22, 2006 - 06:17 AM

I stand on the right side and hold the front brake while I lift from the rear fender and use my hip to throw it up and on the stand. You should definately use your hip.

• shigbie

Posted July 22, 2006 - 06:31 AM

I use the pipe.

• kpflyingv

Posted July 22, 2006 - 06:56 AM

Rear fender works fine, however the FMF stand is the best I've seen on the market for the price.

• flyracing450f

Posted July 22, 2006 - 07:03 AM

yea i do have to agree if u cant lift the bike then u shouldnt be riding it....its not that heavy but yea i just lift mine by the rear fender have had no problems yet

• Slowmotion426

Posted July 22, 2006 - 07:19 AM

I just pick it up by the gas tank vent hose like a brief case.

:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted July 22, 2006 - 07:44 AM

...normal people ....

Exactly who are you calling normal, mister? :thumbsup:

• barch88

Posted July 22, 2006 - 10:59 AM

Exactly who are you calling normal, mister? :cry:

:thumbsup: :ride:

lol.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.