top speed

26 replies to this topic
  • SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 24, 2006 - 12:31 PM

Just the opposite.

Almost.

Initially, the speeds will be the same.

The one with the lower normalized drag (drag/mass) will reach terminal velocity last and will have a higher terminal velocity.

Given the same drag, the L would reach terminal velocity last due to its higher mass and that velocity would be greater than the R's.

Of course this discussion is moot to a point, because this only applies if you thruogh them both off a roof. In a top speed contest the one with the combination of HP/TQ, least wind resistance, and rolling resistance would win....but you guys knew that!

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted July 25, 2006 - 03:53 AM

hehehe

*stri* pot *stir*

• dukeryder

Posted September 08, 2006 - 02:35 PM

My L is S L O W GPS 85mph (coulda squeezed more I'm sure but it woulda taken a lot af time to get there)

I've got a Big Gun, Airbox mod, K&N, fatter jets (165main, forget slow speed), I thought there was something wrong with the bike, but it seems like this is in line with what others are getting for top speed.

A buddy of mine claims his KLR (stock) goes 100 is that possible????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted September 08, 2006 - 03:31 PM

Posted Image Sure is a lot of talk about how fast pigs fly! I was always told pigs can't fly....then I bought an "R" pig and they can fly quite a bit setup right. The "L" may fly faster going down (out of a plane) but, for sure they can't go up very well on their own. Once again they do come back down sooner then the "R". I think you/we are all crazy....pig don't fly. :thumbsup:

• CTXr650L

Posted September 08, 2006 - 03:38 PM

Ive seen just about 90mph on mine according to my gps... wouldve gone faster but i was wearing glasses with my helmet and my eyes were watering really bad :-P the bike is mostly stock (power-wise) except for the FMF Q2 exhaust. The SCOTTS steering dampner made the bike feel WAYYYYYYYYYYYY more stable at that speed, took the butt pucker level down quite a few notches...

• motomonte

Posted September 08, 2006 - 07:29 PM

Just took mine for a ride today (after doing dave's mods,de-smog and uni filter,stock pipe)and topped out at 104,this checked by a buddy of mine following in a car tough I don't think of going there again,nasty memories of my last tankslapper came to hound me.Keep in mind that I'm in the tropics and at sea level if that affects that much.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted September 11, 2006 - 03:43 AM

I can get anywhere around my house faster on an L than an R.

If i took an R anywhere, by the time i get to court for the traffic fines & the R back from impound, I could be anywhere & back many times over on my L.

See? the L is faster :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.