Sprocket

8 replies to this topic
  • Majesticman

Posted July 20, 2006 - 05:58 PM

I just bought a 05 wr 450 and need to get a larger sprocket while I get used to the bike. Any recommendations of what size I need?

• odonnks

Posted July 21, 2006 - 03:08 AM

Instead of going up in the rear go down one tooth in front.
I did that and never went back. Trails in my area are mostly tight and rocky or rooty.
A 13 T front allows me to almost 'tractor' around tight stuff with almost no throttle input.
Front cog = $15.00
Rear cog = $50.00

• RSWR450F

Posted July 21, 2006 - 01:48 PM

My home made sprockets:

http://www.rsracing..../slides/w9.html

Yamaha WR450F 06

www.rsracing.cz

• byggd

Posted July 21, 2006 - 03:17 PM

I did that and never went back. Trails in my area are mostly tight and rocky or rooty.
A 13 T front allows me to almost 'tractor' around tight stuff with almost no throttle input.
Front cog = $15.00
Rear cog = $50.00

The same thing I did......it works great :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dube2

Posted July 21, 2006 - 03:32 PM

RSWR450F,

dude, nice bike. 06? how did you get the blue side plates? paint? sticker? another 450?

• jimbob69

Posted July 21, 2006 - 07:02 PM

My home made sprockets:

Home made sprockets, explain in more detail!!!!!!!

• Premo

Posted July 21, 2006 - 08:25 PM

I just bought a 05 wr 450 and need to get a larger sprocket while I get used to the bike. Any recommendations of what size I need?

I would leave it stock at 14/50, 15/50 might be too high for gearing on stock bike. I found I lost all sense of accelleration. Well, maybe that's what you want?

• Majesticman

Posted July 23, 2006 - 04:43 PM

Front cog = $15.00
Rear cog = $50.00

Thanks.......... Looks like you have the fix. Did you have to break the chain? :thumbsup:

• Premo

Posted July 23, 2006 - 04:55 PM

Thanks.......... Looks like you have the fix. Did you have to break the chain? :thumbsup:

No you don't, but you will have to move the adjusters all the way in to do it if you don't have a clipped masterlink.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.