YZ426F + Clarke Oversize Tank + Radiator Guards

3 replies to this topic
  • stillsun

Posted July 20, 2006 - 12:55 PM

I've got an 01 426 and I'm looking to pickup a black Clarke oversize tank but I'm not real sure if the radiator guards will be able to fit if I do, I'm planning on ordering all of this at the same time so I don't want to get something that won't fit together....I'm wanting to go with the Flatland or Unabiker (but most likely Flatland from what I've read) radiator guards...anyone have this combo?

Josh

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted July 20, 2006 - 01:06 PM

None of us have the Flatland or Unabiker guards, but I do have an idea for you. I have four buddies (plus myself) with YZ426s and Clarke 3.3 tanks. Two of us have Works Connection radiator braces, two have Devol radiator guards, and one runs around naked. :ride: None of us has clearance issues. Those who run the Devol guards (much like the Unabiker and Flatland) end up overheating in muddy conditions because the mud gets packed in their radiator grills. We who have the braces retain the plastic louvers which help keep our radiators clean. At first I wanted the Devol guards, but now there is now way I would trade by braces for the guards.

This is just a heads up, of course you will make your own decision. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Terrain Rider 4z

Posted July 20, 2006 - 01:09 PM

Also think twice about the black Clarke tank. The tank is great, but adds a lot of weight when full. We often run ours half to 2/3 full, so the natural (see through) is very helpful. You can also mark the clear tank with gallon marks which makes it helpful.

• stillsun

Posted July 20, 2006 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for the info, I don't go riding in much if any mud ever, most of the places we ride here are all sandy....and if it's been raining a lot which it seems like it never does here anymore we just don't go riding for a few days after.

Right now I currently have the IMS oversize tank with WC braces and I know the brace comes right up the tank on the right hand side, but still clears.... is there a big difference between the IMS and Clarke? Because I don't really mind/notice the extra weight but then again I've always had the bike that way and always keep a lot of gas in mine.

Josh

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.