Exhaust Help.

3 replies to this topic
  • BLACK_BONES

Posted July 20, 2006 - 09:52 AM

I did the gyt-r ais removal, but when I came to the exhaust, it is not like the pictures.
I have a 06 wr450, Bought brand new.
I have no exhaust restrictor, so can I just remove the tip completely?
and be left with that 48mm opening? I know people say buy pro motto insert, but do i have to?

Thanks

• shifty450

Posted July 20, 2006 - 10:37 AM

You have a restrictor. I just bought the same bike and took mine out. Once you take the end cap off, there is the smaller thing held in with 4 alan wrench bolts. Take that out. It's louder but it actually sounds like a bike instead of a lawn mower.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BLACK_BONES

Posted July 20, 2006 - 10:42 AM

So then you're left with that 48 mill opening then......?
In the pictures i've seen. I see a restrictor coming out of that pipe.(a pipe with in a pipe)
That's what had me confused, i didnt have that.
So 48 mill opening on my bike good then?

Thanks.

• shifty450

Posted July 20, 2006 - 10:55 AM

Yep. I think it sounds cool, too. I have read people saying that it'll pop when deccelerating, but I kinda dig that.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.