XR600 Oversize Valves

2 replies to this topic
  • Eric19067

Posted July 19, 2006 - 10:04 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know of any websites/company's that sell XR600 oversize valves?

Thanks, Eric

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR6's_rule

Posted July 20, 2006 - 02:25 AM

Ferrea make standard size and 1mm oversize inlet and exhaust valves for all XR6 models. By the time you get larger seats installed etc, the changeover can be costly and the power increase was only modest compared to other mods. Serco are the distributor in Australia but I'm not sure who is in the U.S. You'll have to do some surfing, Cheers.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 20, 2006 - 07:39 AM

Id do a good porting instead of oversize valves on an XR600R. I have had XRs for years, and known about a gillion people with them, both racers and trail riders and no one has ever needed to do oversize valves. Not even the total full on desert racers who neeed allot of top end need or do oversize valves on an XR, never did as far as I know. Id ddo a quality port clean up and mild porting and get a good either stage one ot two cam, then do a quality race pipe, with header, and a Mikuni flatslide or Keihin FCR41 carb, and that thing will be faster than youll ever need unless you are the only guy on the planet drag racing an XR600R, you can turbo it if thats the case....I have pics.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.