Enduro Eng Hand Guards

3 replies to this topic
  • CY_in_CA

Posted November 14, 2001 - 03:16 PM

I just installed a set of Enduro Engineering Hand Guards. To keep the installation neat and clean, I cut the end of the plastic throtle tube, then cut open just the end of the grip. If I insert the bolt all the way into handlebar end, the end of the grip will rub on the guard. To prevent this I left the bolt out about 1/4" - 1/2". The throttle moves freely, no problem. But I'm concerned that a hard hit on that end of the handlebar will jam the guard all the way in, and the grip will then stick to the guard.

Did I mount this properly? Do I need to worry about the bolt sticking out a little? It certainly looks better than cutting the grip down even more.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• BlueThunder

Posted November 14, 2001 - 04:26 PM

CY....I had the same concerns when I mounted mine so I "relieved" the entire end of the throttle tube and grip and slid the throttle assy. in, so the tube end sits an 1/8" in from the end of the bars. This was my insurance that the throttle wouldn't get jammed "pinned" if I wadded the bike up on the right side(like that would EVER happen....right :) ). What bars did you mount the EE handgaurds on? Mine always seem to get out of whack when I dump the bike, but they're mounted on Pro-Tapers so they seem to rotate at the inner mount more than a standard 7/8" bar type mount. Anyone else have a fix for this problem, other than never dumping it(not an option for me,LOL)? Damn, I knew I should've bought the triple clamp mounted Cycra Pro-Bends! :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CY_in_CA

Posted November 14, 2001 - 05:03 PM

I went with a standard 7/8" Dominator bar. I didn't want to cut the entire end of the grip off, because I think it looks bad. Perhaps, I've only seen lousy jobs. Does anyone have any nice samples that I can see?

• BlueThunder

Posted November 14, 2001 - 05:50 PM

Don't have to cut the entire end off, just a bit over the 7/8" diameter of the bars. A Dremel tool with a tapered cutting stone works great for this task. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.