spark arrestor for '04 YZ450

4 replies to this topic
  • astros

Posted July 19, 2006 - 08:05 AM

Looking for something where all I have to do is drill out the rivets and put an end cap on. I thought the TT store once sold something like this, but couldn't find it anymore.

• devo1

Posted July 19, 2006 - 10:24 AM

Pro Moto Billet. I've had good luck with mine. They also make a quiet insert for it, but I haven't tried it. :thumbsup: http://www.promotobillet.com/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted July 19, 2006 - 10:46 AM

DR.D makes a Spark Arrestor End Cap also. I've got one, but haven't had the chance to ride with it yet. I also drilled and tapped the end cap instead of re-riveting it. (anyone see a problem with this?)
I know the TT store has the quiet core inserts, so I'm sure if you call them they can get the end cap as well. :thumbsup:

• ben_suhard

Posted July 19, 2006 - 12:44 PM

I also drilled and tapped the end cap instead of re-riveting it. (anyone see a problem with this?)

One problem would be that the bolts may come loose, but loctite should take care of that.

• Dirty_Sanchez

Posted July 19, 2006 - 12:53 PM

If you're running the stock can, breakdown and spend the fun tokens on the Pro Moto Billet sparky. I've got one and it looks great and allows you to remove the screen if you'd ever have a hankering to do so.

I'm also TT's resident factory Loctite Rep, no kidding, and the temps should be fine and below 300F to use a Blue threadlocker should you choose to thread and tap an endcap onto the end of your can. I think rivets would be better though.

Dirty

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.