Devol Skid Plate????

4 replies to this topic
  • gjones

Posted July 19, 2006 - 06:34 AM

Does anyone know if the Devol Skid plate for the '06 450 covers the lower frame rails that run parallel under the motor. I ride in a fair amount of rocks and I want to make sure that the frame rails are protected as much as possible with this skid plate before I buy it and find out otherwise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Ranger18

Posted July 19, 2006 - 06:44 AM

I have one on my 06. It fits real nice. Up front it sits inbetween the frame, but it gradually slopes out, then covers the frame rails on the bottom of the bike. Also up front it has slots machined out to help keep airflow moving to cool the motor. It is also real easy to put on and take off. There is a whole cut out for doing oil changes, but I like to take mine off for doing that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gordo426

Posted July 19, 2006 - 06:54 AM

I am also curious if this would cover the baja designs stator on a 2002 426. From pictures it seems to be the best option available...anyone have any experience with it?

• WFOracer

Posted July 19, 2006 - 06:56 AM

Here's mine:

Posted Image

• aggie09

Posted July 19, 2006 - 09:09 AM

I just bought a devol skid plate for my yz250f and it was really easy to install and looks like it would protect the engine very well.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.