06 WR 450 breakin

2 replies to this topic
  • otter101

Posted July 18, 2006 - 07:58 PM

WOW what a bike !!!! Fast as hell after making most of the mods. Removed the AIS, add a fuel screw, and boysen quickshot. Ive ridden it about 5 times and about 165 miles and one enduro race. After going through my bike I noticed some dirt in my radiator over flow. I drained the over flow and add some fresh fluid. Is this just part of break in? I'm going to change my oil for the second time after my next ride. The oil looks great right now with about 100 miles on it. Is it normal to see some dirt or grit in the over flow?

Thanks Otter
06 WR 450 :ride: :cry: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beejay

Posted July 22, 2006 - 07:00 AM

Never had any dirt in my 06 overflow tank, wouldn't worry too much though as long as the dirt is pretty small & no water journals are blocked.

• MojaveThumper

Posted July 23, 2006 - 06:26 AM

Dirt is like sand. It gets EVERYWHERE. Wouldn't be too concerned about it. See it again. Try flushin the system.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.