W.T.B 01-02 YZF Aluminum sub-frame

6 replies to this topic
  • SoCalWR426

Posted November 14, 2001 - 11:14 AM

I'm thinking :) That I would like to put a YZF sub-frame on my 02 WR426, if the price is right..

• Rapture

Posted November 14, 2001 - 03:23 PM

Not for what little weight you will save, you can buy a lot of extras for $240-$250 dollars.

• SoCalWR426

Posted November 14, 2001 - 06:13 PM

After looking at your long list of goodies all I can say is....Whoeee!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted November 16, 2001 - 07:02 PM

• imported_Scott_H

Posted November 17, 2001 - 09:06 PM

I'm still running a stock subframe so I don't have any first hand advice. However, you might contact http://www.onoffroad.com. They carry aluminum sub-frames made by AC racing to OEM specs for around $180. They don't show a p/n for the 02 though so call and ask. Also, most of the after market guys make them for the YZFs so more than likely they won’t have the mounting tab for the radiator overflow tank. No big deal, a local welding shop can add this for just a few bucks. Good luck.

• SoCalWR426

Posted November 21, 2001 - 07:41 PM

Thanks Scott,
I'm looking into it...

• Michael

Posted November 21, 2001 - 09:18 PM

Think about the Ti version if you are going to spend the money. It saves an additional pound or so. But if you are looking to save weight - change out the rear fender (MX style), airbox (DSP Carbon fiber), and shock spring (Ti version) in addition to the subframe. This mix saves about 10+ pounds - at a $150/pound you can't go wrong - or you could push away from the table a bit earlier and save the $1500.....what makes sense to you?

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: Michael ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.