red guard pics

11 replies to this topic
  • rushfan

Posted July 18, 2006 - 03:25 PM

Can you guys help me decide on a color for rad guards? I know it sounds lame, but I can't seem to pic a color. Blue, silver, or black?? :thumbsup:
Can some of you post some pics please???

Thanks in advance...rushfan

• JimdogWR450

Posted July 18, 2006 - 06:49 PM

I went gold everything, Unibikers, frame guards, skid plate. Not sure I like the color yet still warming to it :thumbsup:
Check my garage...

• rushfan

Posted July 18, 2006 - 07:13 PM

Hey, thanks for the pics. I like the way the unibikers fit snug around the radiator, but I'm not liken the gold. No offense, just not my color. It's the other 3 that I'm having a problem with.
Great pics, though...Thanks.

...rushfan

• JimdogWR450

Posted July 18, 2006 - 07:31 PM

I know. I'm not feeling the gold myself :thumbsup: seemed like a good idea at the time, I will probably change it to black.. The only prob I had with the unibikers is that they rubbed my fender just a bit. I had to tweak them back toward the rads with a mallet and wood block but not a big deal..

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted July 18, 2006 - 09:49 PM

I dont like the blue from Unabikers. My bro got them on his 04 WR, they looked lame, real pale, not Yamaha Blue. Good thing they work so damn good. Me and my buddy both got black, the look awesome. I got black on my YZ too. Black goes good with any scheme. Good luck.

• tony1970

Posted July 18, 2006 - 10:34 PM

Natural. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rushfan

Posted July 19, 2006 - 03:48 AM

I dont like the blue from Unabikers. My bro got them on his 04 WR, they looked lame, real pale, not Yamaha Blue. Good thing they work so damn good. Me and my buddy both got black, the look awesome. I got black on my YZ too. Black goes good with any scheme. Good luck.

Ok, I'll check off the blue. :thumbsup:

• OneToGo

Posted July 19, 2006 - 05:34 AM

I got Unabikers

They look the toughest and after what I heard about broken Rads after one fall that was enough - way cheaper than a Rad repair and look good.

Mine were a bit of a fiddle to fit as the bikes frame had two protruding welds near the headstck that initially prevented a flat fit. I just ground a small hollow in the guard to fit. Once on they look great. Gun metal grey would look sweat (IMHO) but thats not an option so silver/natural alloy it was.

Unabiker on WR:

http://i81.photobuck...bikepics012.jpg

:thumbsup:

• rushfan

Posted July 19, 2006 - 07:47 AM

I got Unabikers

They look the toughest and after what I heard about broken Rads after one fall that was enough - way cheaper than a Rad repair and look good.

Mine were a bit of a fiddle to fit as the bikes frame had two protruding welds near the headstck that initially prevented a flat fit. I just ground a small hollow in the guard to fit. Once on they look great. Gun metal grey would look sweat (IMHO) but thats not an option so silver/natural alloy it was.

Unabiker on WR:

http://i81.photobuck...bikepics012.jpg

:thumbsup:

Good pic, thanks. I'm flipping a coin between the black and the silver. Thanks to black_n_blue_thumper, I have ruled out the blue.

• rushfan

Posted July 19, 2006 - 07:50 AM

Are there other guards that work well on a Wr? Or, is unibiker the way to go?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted July 19, 2006 - 08:19 AM

I wouldnt waste my hard earned money on any other guards. Unabiker all the way. I have heard good things about a couple other brands, but with Unabiker you know what your getting....quality.

• rushfan

Posted July 19, 2006 - 08:36 AM

I wouldnt waste my hard earned money on any other guards. Unabiker all the way. I have heard good things about a couple other brands, but with Unabiker you know what your getting....quality.

Well that pretty much sums it up then. Unibiker it is. Advise well taken :thumbsup: Thanks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.