L Brake Rotors Supermoto

13 replies to this topic
  • dukeryder

Posted July 18, 2006 - 03:02 PM

The "Buttons" on my front brake rotor have worn out. They are excessively loose and have began rubbing on the caliper.

I wanna replace them (they are held on with circlips not hard riveted), but I don't know what brand my front rotor is. :thumbsup: I asked the Previous Owner if he knew but he didn't remember (he was the one who bought it and had it installed). From the searches I've done It looks like there's only a couple manufactures of 320mm rotors and relocation brackets for the L. Mine looks alot like the EBC but the EBC looks hard riveted and a the bracket is a bit different. Anyone know what brand mine might be? or give point me towards some manufacturers.

TIA

• justicedone

Posted July 18, 2006 - 04:08 PM

I think some close up detailed pics may be helpful

jmho

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 19, 2006 - 01:30 PM

The "Buttons" on my front brake rotor have worn out. They are excessively loose and have began rubbing on the caliper.

I wanna replace them (they are held on with circlips not hard riveted), but I don't know what brand my front rotor is. :thumbsup: I asked the Previous Owner if he knew but he didn't remember (he was the one who bought it and had it installed). From the searches I've done It looks like there's only a couple manufactures of 320mm rotors and relocation brackets for the L. Mine looks alot like the EBC but the EBC looks hard riveted and a the bracket is a bit different. Anyone know what brand mine might be? or give point me towards some manufacturers.

TIA

chenk some pickys on here and we'll tell ya!

• johnnyonthegas

Posted July 19, 2006 - 08:58 PM

if it is the recent style EBC, it is a full floater and the buttons are replaceable....isn't there a brand marking on the rotor?

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 20, 2006 - 07:47 AM

PICS!!! we can guess about the manufacturer all day....where da pics at!??

• dukeryder

Posted July 20, 2006 - 06:20 PM

PICS!!! we can guess about the manufacturer all day....where da pics at!??

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

What do y'all think????

Thanks!!!!

• dukeryder

Posted July 20, 2006 - 06:23 PM

if it is the recent style EBC, it is a full floater and the buttons are replaceable....isn't there a brand marking on the rotor?

I don't think it's EBC 'cause this is the response I got from Motostrano "We aren't able to order the buttons alone. If you bought your kit new it should have come with spare buttons, as all the kits do, but we don't sell them separately. Also, EBC doesn't actually distribute a brake kit for the L in the USA, only the R version of the XR650." :ride:

I saw that same page you linked to and thought I'd just order up a whole new rotor, but that plan is even shot to hell.

There's no markings on the rotor or bracket that I can see other than that BR81E or whatever stamped on the rear of the rotor surface.
:thumbsup:

TIA for any help fellas

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dukeryder

Posted July 23, 2006 - 11:18 AM

ne1 know :ride:

I'm still going nuts trying to find replacements :cry: :thumbsup:

• dukeryder

Posted July 26, 2006 - 06:14 PM

bump for any fresh ideas

• mgs781

Posted July 27, 2006 - 04:52 AM

I have a set or EBC buttons from my old EBC rotor kit. I sold the rotor years ago but just came across the buttons the other day in storage. I think they are the race buttons that come with the kit.

MGS

• dukeryder

Posted July 29, 2006 - 02:27 PM

I have a set or EBC buttons from my old EBC rotor kit. I sold the rotor years ago but just came across the buttons the other day in storage. I think they are the race buttons that come with the kit.

MGS

How much ya want for them?

• mgs781

Posted July 29, 2006 - 06:10 PM

I don't know, maybe $20 shipped.

MGS

• dukeryder

Posted July 31, 2006 - 12:04 AM

done, you take paypal? let me know where to send the $

Thanks

• dukeryder

Posted July 31, 2006 - 03:33 PM

Got your PM, Got the following message when I tried to reply.

mgs781 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Just let me know when ya find 'em. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.