Auto Clutch

4 replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted November 14, 2001 - 08:39 AM

Any AMA memebers out there? If so and you haven't done so already, check out the article on the Auto Clutch for dirtbikes in their recent mag.

They rave about this thing for tight trail riding. No more clutch levers. They hooked up the left lever to the rear brake. There by allowing you to use your right leg on nasty right turns.

They report you will be able to tell the person who is using one because he will be the guy riding by you on a nasty steep loose shill hill climb.

I'm not sure this thing is useful for race starts as they say you have to toe the gear shift lever and gradually give it gas to get it to engage. But it gives the advantige of great hook up and control. No more fanning the clutch or stalling on the tight turns, nasty hill climbs or tough terrain. It does reduce engine breaking a bit which doesn't help on the decents but I guess they are working on that.

They don't make one for our bikes yet but they are avail for XRs, KTMs and KLXs. Interesting reading. I wouldn't pony up the big bucks for one. But if all you do is trail ride, it does sound useful.

• CY_in_CA

Posted November 14, 2001 - 02:42 PM

It's an interesting idea. I don't think I would ever consider it, but then again, I never thought I would buy a 4 Stroke!

CY

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted November 15, 2001 - 05:19 AM

Would be great for my daughter, who's only issue with riding is she's scared of clutching. I would never want one personally.

Bonzai :)

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted November 15, 2001 - 07:32 AM

I took Dave Wood's class (see DRN for Dave's credentials) at Downieville back in September and he mentioned riding one of these and he seemed pretty impressed. The price is my major obstacle. I need/want all the help I can get.

Brian

• BlueThunder

Posted November 15, 2001 - 07:38 AM

Heard it's damn near impossible to stall the engine with these things......now that'd make for a different riding experience on the ole WR. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.