Footpeg Mod Alert

1 reply to this topic
  • Woodzi

Posted November 14, 2001 - 03:46 AM

I read about the modifications to lower your footpegs and decided to check it out. I didn't like the way it looked, so I did some calculations(I am a Professional Mechanical Engineer). Cutting off the barrel changes the way the pin is loaded. The pin is not large enough to safely carry the load unless the barrel is welded back onto the top of the footpeg. This is very important - don't just tack it on, use washers , etc. - get it welded by someone who knows what they are doing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted November 14, 2001 - 05:43 AM

Woodzy is quite right. I cracked a ti footpeg all the way around the barrel, right where it would be cut to lower the pegs. The pin was badly bent and I'm glad it didn't fail and cause an injury.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.