anyone else...

5 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted July 17, 2006 - 12:13 PM

have landing problems jumping over 25'? my suspinsion bottoms all the way out then the front end springs up and i usually ride a wheelie for another 15' even in the sand. think it might be body postioning also?

• shifty450

Posted July 17, 2006 - 12:47 PM

I am not a jumping guru, but I think your problem may be from jumping an ENDURO. Just a thought.

• BLACK_BONES

Posted July 17, 2006 - 01:21 PM

I am not a jumping guru, but I think your problem may be from jumping an ENDURO. Just a thought.

lol, so the bike can't jump cause it's an "enduro"?

I want the glue your on....... :thumbsup:

Firstly it's a compition dirt bike. And yes they do jump!

It's obvious it's not for freestyle mx, but I have jumped 25 feet no problem.
It could be your suspension setup?
How big are you?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redswr

Posted July 17, 2006 - 02:09 PM

i'm 5'6" 200 (hopefully 185 soon) its all stock suspension not sure exactly how the front is set up but the rear spring is right in the middle of the shock.

• TwoBobRob

Posted July 17, 2006 - 03:33 PM

Yip. I have similar problems. A friend has Ohlins front and rear on his, set up for his weight, he has zero problems. My WR is going up for sale soon and the very first thing i intend to do to my next bike will be have the legs professionally set up for my weight and riding style.

Money well spend i reckon :thumbsup:

• Dodjy

Posted July 17, 2006 - 06:39 PM

Your probably about 25 to 40Lbs too heavy for the standard springs but try increasing the compression dampening at both ends to reduce bottoming and increase the rebound at the front to reduce the bounce.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.