Front sprocket on '00WR400?

5 replies to this topic
  • Conan_'dale

Posted July 17, 2006 - 09:35 AM

How many teeth will a "stock" front sproket have on my '00 WR400?

If I go down one tooth will that give me more low end grunt? I don't care about loosing top speed, I want more low end.

• hartzpad

Posted July 17, 2006 - 03:09 PM

I believe stock gearing is a 14 tooth front. Lowering 1 tooth to a 13 tooth will give you less top speed but greater accelleration and torque.

• bluebike1999

Posted July 17, 2006 - 03:19 PM

it's surprising how much difference one tooth makes.
going to a thirteen will also make a little more slap on the swing arm.
i would stick with 14 and go bigger on rear.
hope that helps

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted July 17, 2006 - 03:38 PM

I would drop a tooth on the front, it's easier to remove and replace. Between chain and sprockets replacements I will switch from a 13 to a 14 to a 15 depending on what terrain I'm riding or racing. I keep a 50 T on the back, with an impact gun the front spocket takes about 3 - 5 minutes to change.

Yes as mentioned above, 1 tooth can make alot of difference but I like it, the majority of the time I am running the 13T front and it allows for 3rd gear riding of some of the sweetest northwest single track we have :thumbsup:

• Conan_'dale

Posted July 19, 2006 - 07:26 AM

Thanks fellas! I will go for the 13 tooth in the front!

SJMC_DON - are you on the west side or east? Yes, we have some of the best single track riding anywhere!

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 19, 2006 - 08:39 AM

Thanks fellas! I will go for the 13 tooth in the front!

SJMC_DON - are you on the west side or east? Yes, we have some of the best single track riding anywhere!

West side...... but I ride everywhere.

This weekend I'll be in Gold Bar for the Buttstomper (24 hr team race), then it's a week long vacation down in the Gifford Pinchot NF near Mt. St. Helens :thumbsup: But I love riding the east side Cashmere, Mad River, Teanaway, Manashtash it's all good! And then once a year my club puts on the Desert 100 so I get to spend a week riding in the desert. :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.