New WR400 Owner

3 replies to this topic
  • Crawling68

Posted July 17, 2006 - 09:05 AM

I went and rode a dirt bike for the first time 2 weeks ago, a '05 KTM 525, and was instantly hooked. I looked around and picked up a '99 WR400 this sat. Its has most of the little tricks done to it(airbox cover gone, gray wire, new header and pipe). It also has a power now air intake, a Zip Ty(?) mixture screw, and protaper bars. I rode it on sunday and love it :thumbsup: . Is there anything else i should check that could pose a problem on it.

• Conan_'dale

Posted July 17, 2006 - 09:26 AM

What exhaust pipe to you have? I would recommend the DR.D pipe, really opens the bike up nice. There are other aftermarket pipes that will make a bid difference... I love my '00 WR400, one of the best "woods" bikes out there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Crawling68

Posted July 17, 2006 - 12:09 PM

Its has FMF Q exhaust with the power bomb header.

• kirkw

Posted July 17, 2006 - 02:00 PM

Sounds like a very nice set up, I have the same. Unless, you just have to tinker, leave alone and ride! Most important regualr maintenace is oil changes.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.