How Do I Place ad On EBAY for A Tittled Frame? Ebay kills ad?

21 replies to this topic
  • Live To Ride Mike

Posted July 17, 2006 - 08:54 AM

I am trying to sell a NJ DMV tittled frame on EBAY and ebay kicks that add off saying that it must be sold with the bike. I think it may have something to do with the wording, if I do not mention that the frame is tittled, then I am sure it will sell for a lot less and that is what I think the highest price item (who knows, maybe I am wrong) on the 426 anyway. Any advice would be appreciated.

This is what e-bay says

"The sale of frames with titles are not permitted on eBay without the accompanying vehicle"

• johnnyjeep

Posted July 17, 2006 - 10:15 AM

Mybe something along the lines of
"for sale, 426 with tittle, missing parts, only the frame is usable. Does have tittle!

John in Vegas

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted July 17, 2006 - 12:51 PM

hu hu...he said tittle

• stillsun

Posted July 17, 2006 - 02:07 PM

I'm willing to bet that if you're selling a titled frame they considerate a vehicle so therefore needs to be listed as such, which is going to be more expensive because it is a flat fee of say $35 if I remember correctly then when it sells another flat fee. If you sell it under 'parts' they could be seeing this as you trying to get around selling a vehicle (although very far from complete) through the parts category and trying to save some money... I say do not put that you have the title in the actual eBay title, and then mention in the description that you do still have the title/registration papers if so desired.

People on eBay looking for frames aren't stupid, they know what they are looking for if they are looking for a frame, I have people ask me all the time if I have a title for my 1979 TT500 frame that is sitting in my garage, and I mention nothing of a title in my ad.

Josh

• odonnks

Posted July 17, 2006 - 05:43 PM

Spell it like T_I_T_L_E

• Live To Ride Mike

Posted July 17, 2006 - 05:45 PM

I like the T_I_T_L_E Idea, let's see how it goes!

• stillsun

Posted July 17, 2006 - 05:58 PM

Just be careful of continually trying to get around whatever rule you are breaking, they might shut your account off temporarily from listing.

J

• bluebike1999

Posted July 17, 2006 - 06:06 PM

apparently people in Scunthorpe UK are having problems with ebay and chat rooms too

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 18, 2006 - 03:54 AM

Great thread here... This would explain why I have a hard time finding frames with titles.. I build old Honda minis and for me the ultimate find would be a clean frame with a street title, I look all the time with no luck, I had no idea it might be a problem selling them on ebay, interesting. Like others have said, try different ways to list the frame. You don't necessarily have to put title in the header of the auction, just put it in the body of the description...

Dan

• Live To Ride Mike

Posted July 18, 2006 - 01:39 PM

T_I_T_L_E

Did not work :-( I am afraid to try again, but maybe I could try with a second picture of the actuall Tittle, but they already shot me down 2x, a 3rd and It may get a premant ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HappyG

Posted July 18, 2006 - 03:20 PM

Great thread here... This would explain why I have a hard time finding frames with titles.. I build old Honda minis and for me the ultimate find would be a clean frame with a street title, I look all the time with no luck, I had no idea it might be a problem selling them on ebay, interesting. Like others have said, try different ways to list the frame. You don't necessarily have to put title in the header of the auction, just put it in the body of the description...

Dan

you can search the descriptions too, not just the titles.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 18, 2006 - 04:49 PM

you can search the descriptions too, not just the titles.

I do... :thumbsup:

• True450

Posted July 18, 2006 - 08:13 PM

I sell on ebay for a living cause I tune GM computers and I have 8 warnings now for listing my website PCMamerica.com in the listing and still havent been suspendid. If I totalled my violations I would be above 10 and no more than 20.

Jeff

• stillsun

Posted July 21, 2006 - 10:18 AM

Here's the solution, check out how this guy did it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=180007702234

:thumbsup:

• Cmott426

Posted July 28, 2006 - 08:55 AM

Looks like "Pink" is the answer

was the 2000 YZ a 426 and not a 400 as stated in the eBay ad?

• Live To Ride Mike

Posted September 12, 2006 - 02:54 AM

How about using the words Bonus?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...me=STRK:MESE:IT

• CAW

Posted September 12, 2006 - 05:23 AM

Try "frame with papers", or slips, something like that??

• OrangeCoWR450

Posted September 12, 2006 - 07:36 AM

I'm hoping someone could shed some light on registering a purchased titled frame. I understand at least in California, when you go to register a bike with a new title that the DMV is checking the VIN on both the frame and the engine. These numbers don't have to match? Are they just insuring that neither the frame nor the engine is stolen? Sorry for what might be a stupid question and getting a little off topic, I have been searching for the answer without any luck.

• Live To Ride Mike

Posted September 12, 2006 - 05:37 PM

I have never heard of DMV trying to match numbers In NJ

• Fasz Kalap

Posted April 14, 2011 - 09:55 PM

when the dmv looked at my bike, they looked at vin on frame AND vin on engine.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.