Newest member of the YZ450 06 Team!

11 replies to this topic
  • odlaw19

Posted July 17, 2006 - 05:23 AM

Yep, I'm pretty excited about the new bike in my shed!

Just picked up a YZ450 06 today. The bike has hardly been riden. The owner had two 06's for sale (one raced for a few months and the one i got... used for a couple of rides) as he has broken his ankle and had a knee recon while he is out of action. (Hope he is back on a new bike soon!)

Got the bike at a fair price and very happy.

It has a Pro Circuit T-4 and worked suspension

The 426 is still in the shed... its going to be hard to part with the beast!!
I cant wait to have a proper ride!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Waldo.

• mikus89

Posted July 17, 2006 - 07:56 AM

Congrats! That's a nice looking bike and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. My old 426 was a good bike, but it's amazing what a few years of technology can do. Have fun! :thumbsup:

• nicholasd450

Posted July 17, 2006 - 09:59 AM

that bike looks wicked..i like the yellow

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted July 17, 2006 - 11:34 AM

Is that a powerbomb header or is it the stock one that come on the euro bikes?

• barch88

Posted July 17, 2006 - 11:59 AM

That looks sweet. Funny he got all the upgrades, yet left the stock chain. I would change the chain if I were you, then you will be rocking.

• odlaw19

Posted July 17, 2006 - 04:17 PM

Its the stock power bomb.

I have a DID xring (had about 3 rides) on my 426.... it will be going straight on the 450!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Way Fast Whitey

Posted July 17, 2006 - 06:53 PM

very nice :thumbsup:

hopefully i'll be the newest member some day soon

• yzernie

Posted July 17, 2006 - 08:31 PM

You won't be disappointed. :thumbsup:

• dbehr624

Posted July 17, 2006 - 08:35 PM

oh thats awsome!! Those graphics are sick. Have fun with it, i LOVE mine, and i know you will too!!! :thumbsup: :ride: :cry:

• YZ426F Rider

Posted July 17, 2006 - 09:30 PM

The 426 is still in the shed... its going to be hard to part with the beast!!

Waldo.

I think we all know the answer but I look forward to hearing how the '06 compares...one of those is in my near future I think.

• BergArabia

Posted July 17, 2006 - 09:35 PM

Congrats..
I like the yellow 2.
I have a DID xring on also and it works perfectly on my 05 no stretching at all.

• odlaw19

Posted July 18, 2006 - 04:43 AM

FIRST RIDE.

Well.... what can i say! I still love the 426, but 6 years of development goes a long way!!!!!
I only rode for about 1/2 hour - not enough light after work but i couldnt wait until the weekend!

1. As everyone knows, the bike is lighter... and it sure feels it.
2. The power is there all the way and there is plenty of it.
3. The brakes are unreal!
4. Suspension is unbelievable!
5. Starting is a breeze. (I never did the 450 cam in the 426)

This bike is everything I have heard and expected! Being a lightweight (only 130lbs) this bike is a lot less to handle than the old 426.... dont get me wrong, i love the blast of the 426 and what an introduction it was for me to big bore thumpers!

I've got a bash plate on its way for the weekend, hopefully the DD xring has enough links to fit and it will be all GO this weekend!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.