Scott's or Ready Racing stainless oil filter?

6 replies to this topic
  • Premo

Posted July 17, 2006 - 12:25 AM

Which one would you buy?
The Ready Racing one doesn't have any info on it regarding filtration and flow rates, but comes with a nice cover for the same price as the Scott's.
http://store.readyra...m/cf1050bc.html

Do you think the filters are made by the same people?

• Punisher660

Posted July 17, 2006 - 06:35 AM

No, but they filter down to the same size....30 microns I believe.

One is as good as the other, but I think you pay more for the Scotts name.

• Premo

Posted July 17, 2006 - 06:42 AM

Thanks Punisher.
I was looking at the TT store and the Ready one is about $10 cheaper too!
TT store looks good!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TooFast

Posted July 21, 2006 - 12:48 PM

Do yourself a favor, call Scott's and ask them for the independent lab test results of the SS filter they sell. They've been BS'ing people for years with their advertising claims since it's never been tested. They don't know what it does, only what the guy who makes them for Scotts says and in my experience he's just made up the performance claims. There are independent labs that use standardized test procedures to test a products performance so factual claims can be made.....ever seen the collapsed Scott's filters on ebay? ever wonder why they are collapsed? Just my .02 and putting some facts out there.

• Premo

Posted July 21, 2006 - 08:35 PM

Do yourself a favor, call Scott's and ask them for the independent lab test results of the SS filter they sell. They've been BS'ing people for years with their advertising claims since it's never been tested. They don't know what it does, only what the guy who makes them for Scotts says and in my experience he's just made up the performance claims. There are independent labs that use standardized test procedures to test a products performance so factual claims can be made.....ever seen the collapsed Scott's filters on ebay? ever wonder why they are collapsed? Just my .02 and putting some facts out there.

You want to pay for international phone call???

You got any independant test results? It would save me a lot of hastle.

• texas_hippie

Posted July 25, 2006 - 06:45 PM

Tell me more about the collapsed filters! And, do they come with those "way cool" Scott Performance stickers? lol Seriously though, there is a built in bypass incase the filter clogs right? I can't imagine the pressure the pump puts out could manage to crush one. What am I missing here?

• farkawi

Posted July 26, 2006 - 05:39 AM

The Scott's filters are made by K&P who also sell their filters online these days. http://kandpengineering.com/ So if you have questions about their products and what research they've done etc. Just contact them.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.