Will a YZF426 sub-frame fit WR426 sub-frame

5 replies to this topic
  • SoCalWR426

Posted November 13, 2001 - 06:00 PM

Will the aluminum YZF sub frame fit the WR426?..Any draw-backs with the aluminum? other than saving weight I can't think of any..

• Scott_in_KC

Posted November 14, 2001 - 03:45 AM

I believe it will fit. Saves about a pound. Not sure if there's any reason to have it other than weight....OH, it looks cool too!!

• Rapture

Posted November 14, 2001 - 03:25 PM

They are the same I looked into getting one but for the money is was not worth it. I lost a couple of pounds myself and made up the difference....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Michael

Posted November 14, 2001 - 05:07 PM

The YZ and WR subframes will interchange - no problem. The Ti version saves about a pound over the YZ model and more than 2 lbs ove the WR. Looks cool too. They are a simple bolt-on.

• AK-thumper

Posted November 14, 2001 - 11:32 PM

I put one on my WR. The weight difference between the steel and aluminum was more than I would have thought. If you have a YZ muffler and the associated attachment hardware it bolts up fine. The YZ subframe doesn't have the tab to mount the catch bottle so you have to make something if you want to keep it. I did the muffler, subframe, and rear fender all at the same time and the weight difference was noticeable. The biggest surprise was the weight of the tail light assembly. Should be able to get a used subframe for $100-120. I bought mine off of ebay for $100.

• SoCalWR426

Posted November 15, 2001 - 06:06 PM

Thank's Alaska.
Now if I can just find one!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.