YZ80 Big Wheel Upgrade

2 replies to this topic
  • rumplefester

Posted July 16, 2006 - 04:29 PM

Sorry if this has been covered before. Darn search function is down again!! :ride:

My son has a YZ80 (2001) and if he keeps growing like he has been, the bike will soon be too small for him. We just bought this bike last year and it still runs quite well and is still enough power for him. Buying a new bike is not in the realm of possibility right now, so I'd like to keep this one as long as possible.

I've read somewhere that there is a big wheel kit for this bike. Can anyone shed some light on this? If it is doable, what would need to be done/modified on the bike to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

• jakes250EX

Posted July 16, 2006 - 05:10 PM

big wheeles suck sell the big wheele for a good price u might need a little extra money but i am sure if u sell the big wheele u wont need tto mutch more money

• minibikedad

Posted July 16, 2006 - 05:24 PM

No YZ kit....you have to build them, unlike buying a KX100, KTM105, RM100, CR Big Wheel.

For your situation, put the long swing-arm on the bike, add the longer brake lines, and build the big wheels

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ250 2013 by MXRider72

Yamaha YZ250 2013
  • 3 reviews
  • Last review by kb26racer
  • On July 10, 2014
Forums
Photo

87 yz 250 by ccauvel

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

yz 250 Front End Woes... by aled

• Hot  42 replies
Forums
Photo

06 yz125 won't start by 06yz125rider

• 18 replies
Forums
Photo

10 Best Mods For The 2006 Yamaha Yz250 by thebearYZ250

• Hot  27 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.