650L specs

8 replies to this topic
  • truck6driver

Posted July 16, 2006 - 04:25 PM

Does anyone have the torque and horsepower data for a stock XR650L. I need them for baseline and comparison.

Thanks

RH

• justicedone

Posted July 16, 2006 - 04:48 PM

Since nothing has changed but the never ending "exciting new race inspired graphics" in the last umpteen years...

this graph for an 03 (mine he he) should do the trick

like I said, only difference been done in last probably 10 years is colors or tank stickers.

http://photos.motorc...yno_5_23_03.JPG

have fun

I would think my mods have put me in the 40hp range, but I dont have the need to dyno my bike...works for what I do.

• truck6driver

Posted July 17, 2006 - 04:48 PM

Thank you. That is what I was looking for.

RH

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 18, 2006 - 11:16 AM

Cool, have them for the 1996 XR600R? Ill bet they have about 5-7 more HP stock than the L. Just may be more too! I will bet mine is about 39 stock, it is a 1996 XR600R. With the mild mods I have it feels like about 40~42

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ghoti

Posted July 18, 2006 - 12:15 PM

That Beemer smokes the Honda, are they both stock?

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 18, 2006 - 01:09 PM

Only on paper! If thats the Beemer with a Rotax motor my XR600R will blow one away in the "real" world, how much does the Beemer weigh? About 400lbs, my XR600R supermoto weighs 270 wet....

• ghoti

Posted July 18, 2006 - 01:50 PM

Only on paper! If thats the Beemer with a Rotax motor my XR600R will blow one away in the "real" world, how much does the Beemer weigh? About 400lbs, my XR600R supermoto weighs 270 wet....

That's why it feels more powerful than the L.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 18, 2006 - 02:39 PM

That's why it feels more powerful than the L.

Yep, over 50lbs difference between the L and the 600R....the R being way lighter of the two. And it doesn't just feel more powerful it is, or are we talking semantics, as in powerful= dynoHP faster=wel uh faster....OK, the R is "faster" than the L even though both are fairly equal in "power" because the R has a better "power to weight ratio" than the L...

• justicedone

Posted July 18, 2006 - 04:13 PM

The BMW has a more powerful engine when the Honda's corked..true

But modded the L will jack the F outta that beemer

And if you read the whole article of the bike comparison (good reading) the Honda wins overall in the shootout, Hands Down !

If they tested a modded L like mine or many other TT members agains one of those Euro trash heaps, it wouldnt even be a fair fight... 2 black eyes, broken nose, head lacerations, a compound fracture to the jaw and a concusion..Honda Wins

LOL

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.