Trailtech Computer Connection to bike power

2 replies to this topic
  • travisllane

Posted July 15, 2006 - 03:09 AM

I installed the Trailtech Lynx computer on my 2003 WR450F last night but have not hooked it up to the motorcycle power yet. The instructions don't include a specific wiring connection to the motorcycle power. Any suggestions for me? What have others done?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted July 15, 2006 - 07:20 AM

you want to connect the posetive to un-switched power going into your ignition button and the ground to any solid bolt.

send me a PM to remind me to look at what colocur the hot power is.

• red7

Posted July 15, 2006 - 03:22 PM

I'm not sure specifically for the trailtech but I was told by Yamaha to use the brown switched hot wire for anything I wire into the bike so that it can't drain the battery when the engine is off. It's the brown power wire going to the on/off button so when you turn off the button your trailtech won't' draw juice.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.